INCLUDED: One (1) EXCELLENT+ condition MEDIEVAL KNIGHT suit of armor. This has been stored for many decades, displays well and is 100% original.
The rectangular base measures 7 1/2 Inches Wide X 5 Inches Deep. The height is 22 Inches Tall X 9 1/2 Inches Wide X 5 Inches Deep. This appears to be sheet metal with a bronze coloration.
All of the following armor parts appear to be represented:
- Comb - An extension across the top of the helmet which helps strengthen the helm’s structure.
- Helm - Armor for the head.
- Visor - A pivoting plate attached to the front of the helm providing protection for the face.
- Gorget - Armored collar made from hinged plates or laminations.
- Pauldron - Vest-like shoulder armor.
- Breastplate - Protects the upper chest area.
- Plackart - A reinforcement covering the lower half of the breastplate.
- Fauld - Armor to protect the abdomen.
- Tasset - Solid Armor plates or a skirt of lames hung from the fauld.
- Rerebrace - Armor shielding of the upper arm.
- Coute - Armored elbow guards.
- Vambrace - Forearm shielding.
- Gauntlet - Armored glove.
- Cuisse - Armor of the thigh.
- Poleyn - Cup-shaped armor knee-guards.
- Fan-plates - Heart- or fan-shaped guards for the side of the knee.
- Greave - Armor of the lower leg.
- Sabaton - Articulating foot armor.
If anyone has information regarding this Cultural & Collectible Item please contact me so that I can update this description.
Guaranteed 100% Original - No Reproduction Parts
I am not a MEDIEVAL KNIGHT expert so I will defer to those who are.
I will let the over sized images do the talking. OVERALL CONDITION IS MUCH BETTER THAN EXCELLENT
NOTE: © Mid 20th Century Unknown Manufacturer & Country Of Origin